Wednesday, September 8, 2010

5 Years Old

It was around 1:30pm today and I'm holding the sweaty little hand of Audrie through the parking lot at Cafe Rio (that's where she wanted to go for her birthday date...wow looks like I've got her hooked too.  Ha-Ha!).  As we skip inside we look at each other and she smiles up at me.  All I can think is that five years ago today at this moment I was holding her in my arms for the very first time. 

I cannot believe that my second born is now 5!  Looking back at this picture, I wonder when did that happen?

(2 weeks old)

Here she is today... now 5...eating her "special birthday breakfast".


After breakfast she was looking at herself in the mirror for a few minutes and then says, "Wow, I am bigger."  Shortly after, while getting dressed, I tell her to grab these certain sandals to wear.  She puts them on and then immediately takes them off and says, "These used to fit when I was 4, but I'm five now."  Ahhh a perfect comment from our "Big" Auddie B.  How lucky and grateful we are for her!
 

No comments: