Okay, it's been said that "40" is the new "30" and "30" is the new "20", so does that mean that "8" is the new "13"?
The last few weeks Alexa has developed a bit of an atittude. Then this past weekend she was going to a "late-over" at her friends house and I find this piece of paper sitting on the table. While she was doing something else I took a peek at it. It was a list of things they we're planning on doing at this "late-over".
1. Wii
2. Truth or Dare
3. Play with Baby
4. Movie/My scenes
5. Paint Nails
6. Pillow Fight
7. Modeling
8. Shakes
9. Dancing
10. Singing/Choreography
11. Races/Not Running
12. Drawing
13. Talk about Boys
14. Play with Amercian Girls
15. Make stuff for American Girls
16. Repeat
At first I laughed. Then I got concerned...and not because I wondered how they were going to get this all done in such a short amount of time and be able to "repeat" it. :) Concerned because of numbers 2 and 13. Seriously? Since when do 8 year olds play truth or dare and talk about boys? I'd rather they stick with #3 or #12.
And to add to all this, about two weekends ago, we woke up to Alexa singing along with Justin Bieber. Brandon and I looked at each other in disbelief. When I came downstairs, she had the computer on to a you-tube video of him and she was replaying it over and over again trying to learn the words. Okay panic! She gets on the computer often, but usually she's typing a story or going to sites like "Starfall", or "Disney", or "Dress-up Net", which I am totally fine with. However, this "You-tube" and Justin Beieber business scares me.
So we had a talk about the internet. I explained to her that there is great and fun things on it and good resources and information we can find, but also that there is horrible and dangerous stuff on there. I really hope I made it clear to her that she needs to check with me before getting on the computer and internet. I didn't think I'd have to worry about this so soon.
I was thinking back when I was 8. I played outside most of the time-riding my bike, roller-skating, and played games like red light-green light, mother may I, red-rover, freeze tag, etc. If I watched a show it was usually Smurfs, Carebears, Punky Brewster, or Silver Spoons (he was so cute!). We didn't have a computer, the internet didn't exist and I don't think I knew who "New kids on the Block" were. :)
I thought I would have at least another 5 years. I am just not ready for all this. Now I have an almost 2-year old and already a pre-teen to deal with...yes so not ready for all this.
3 comments:
Totally know what you mean! I feel like I already have a pre-teen living here! Luckily, McKell is a bit of a tomboy and not too into getting crazy with her girlfriends YET. Kylie is the one that I'm going to be terrified about!
Oh, and your haircut is SO CUTE!
Yeah...you posted! I loved it all!
Post a Comment