This morning I lost it. Alexa had her hands full of tape, a sheet of tissue paper she found and....PAPER. I looked at her and said, "No! No! You are not doing that right now! Put that paper away!" She set it down and I got them bathed and ready for the day. Then I went about cleaning the house and when I came into the kitchen she just had this look on her face like she got caught. I looked down to see the tissue paper covered with pieces of paper all lined up numbered across the top on both sides. I must have given her the evil eye, because she said to me so sweetly, "Mom, remember I'm going to be an artist". How could I resist that cute face, comment and of course the story-book artwork she created???
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Paper, Paper, Paper!!!
Paper just drives me crazy! It seems like everywhere I look there it is. I am surrounded by it and I can never get rid of it. The mailman always seem to bring it on a daily basis with bills, advertisements, coupons, etc. Alexa's backpack is always full of school work, calendars, upcoming events, etc. And lastly my girls like to write & color hundreds (well maybe not quite that many) of pictures every day. They hang them up on the fridge or have piles of them in their room and every other room in the house. I know I should just LOVE all the art work and want to proudly display it, but for some reason it just gets under my skin (sometimes literally).
This morning I lost it. Alexa had her hands full of tape, a sheet of tissue paper she found and....PAPER. I looked at her and said, "No! No! You are not doing that right now! Put that paper away!" She set it down and I got them bathed and ready for the day. Then I went about cleaning the house and when I came into the kitchen she just had this look on her face like she got caught. I looked down to see the tissue paper covered with pieces of paper all lined up numbered across the top on both sides. I must have given her the evil eye, because she said to me so sweetly, "Mom, remember I'm going to be an artist". How could I resist that cute face, comment and of course the story-book artwork she created???

This morning I lost it. Alexa had her hands full of tape, a sheet of tissue paper she found and....PAPER. I looked at her and said, "No! No! You are not doing that right now! Put that paper away!" She set it down and I got them bathed and ready for the day. Then I went about cleaning the house and when I came into the kitchen she just had this look on her face like she got caught. I looked down to see the tissue paper covered with pieces of paper all lined up numbered across the top on both sides. I must have given her the evil eye, because she said to me so sweetly, "Mom, remember I'm going to be an artist". How could I resist that cute face, comment and of course the story-book artwork she created???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amen sister!!! you are too funny. I miss you! I so wish I would've been invited to the 5oth birthday bash! I would love to leave "Mom Charlynne" at home and let "Wild and crazy Charlynne" come out. Especially with one of my favorite family of girls in the state of Utah!!
I can totally relate! I throw away art everyday and it makes me a little sad, but I can't save it all! I was just thinking of all my little (okay, BIG) clutter piles around here. It's just plain overwhelming.
I agree, Paper is out of control at my house also...looking on the bright side...it keeps them busy!
So so cute her imagination and her skills! She is on her way to be an artist for sure! Too cute!
I would love to see you! I miss you!
Halli was watching Mickey Mouse clubhouse while I was catching up on your blog, and I heard her say, "who's that?" I assumed she was talking about the TV and since I wasn't watching I said I don't know. She then said, "It's Alexa and Audrey mom. Come on I know you remember them!" She kills me! She was so excited to see pictures of you guys. She still talks about you guys often and asks when we get to see you again and when is Brandon coming back to work? That reminds me, the other day she found a mint in the cupboard from downstairs and she said, "mom, Brandon used to spoil me so much." When we get settled into our house we'll invite ya up for dinner and games. We're glad you guys are doing good. We miss you!
(wow, could I have written that any longer? SORRY!)
Post a Comment