Thursday, February 17, 2011

Be Mine Valentine

Valentine's is pretty much over-rated.  It is however Uncle Baa's (as the kids call him) birthday and it is tons of fun for the kids.  This year they all, including Brandon, had the day off on the 14th.  So the kids celebrated the Friday before in each of their classes.  Audrie couldn't wait to make her Valentine bag and pass out her goodies.  Alexa was so excited to make her first Valentine's box for school.  They had a contest in her class and when I picked her up she was all lit up because she had WON!  She and her aunt Kayley created this "boom"ing piece:


Alexa is very creative and loves doing art/crafts.  She's always coming up with something.  For example, a month ago she came home from school and whipped this up.  I asked her where she got the idea from and told me she just thought of it, but that they did read a story about a carousel earlier.




Hopefully she's taking after her late-grandpa Watts who had an eye and skill for art.  I know I always wished I could be more artsy fartsy, but sadly all I got was the fartsy. :)



Anyway continuing on...

I am the room mom for Alexa's class this year and it has been so fun to get involoved and plan the parties.  The second grade always does a Sock-Hop with cookies and root-beer floats for their party.  So I went to help-out and snapped some pictures in between.  They're sort of blurry, which I cannot figure out why.  My camera wasn't working well that day, but nonetheless...










After Alexa's party I swung by and picked up Audrie from school who was thrilled to show me her bag and all her Valentine's she got.  That girl loves her sugar!  She has a sweet tooth like her mama. :)



I was so excited that my amarylis finally bloomed and beautifully graces our kitchen table.


"Cupid" -in which the kids truly believe he exists- stopped by and left a little something for them when they woke to eat breakfast on the 14th.



Cupid even left a little something for Brandon on his clothes before he headed out to go ice-fishing.  Nothing says, "Love you to pieces" like a hatchet! ;)


After Brandon returned home from ice-fishing he took us all out to lunch and we even got 2 desserts to share.  It was a real treat!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S!

1 comment:

Keeping Up w/ the Rupps said...

Aw. Your kids are getting so big and are of course stinkin cute. I wish I lived closer to see you guys more often.