Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ahh the things kids say...

1/16/10 - Alexa informs me when she grows up she wants to be an artist and a builder (along with a million other things).  Audrie then says she wants to be a cooker, cleaner, vacummer and pregnic (as she calls it). "Just like you mom."  She has a great future ahead of her. :)

1/24/10 - Brandon has dental floss and is trying to loosen Audrie's tooth and she freaks out!  She yanks her head back and the floss gets stuck around her tooth.  She starts crying and says, "Your choking my tooth!"

2/4/10.- Audrie is watching High School Musical and says, "She's so funny, she does this (makes a face)."  I asked her who and her reply: "You know, that chocolate girl."  (I have no idea where she got that)

2/19/10- While I'm putting on my makeup, Audrie comes in to go to the bathroom.  As she's sitting there she casually says, "Mom, girls have two butts.  Boys have elephants."  I about got mascara all over my face I was laughing so hard.  She just looks at me straight-faced and says, "Well thats what they look like".  Then turns and leaves the room.  Oh my gosh I was dying...Totally made my day!

3/9/10- While giving the girls a bath, Audrie starts singing all the Presidents in order.  She says her favorite is Madison.  Alexa then sings "It's a Small World" in about five languages and informs Audrie and I that her favorite President is Abraham Lincoln because he freed the slaves and she wouldn't want to be a slave.  As I was writing this down, Alexa asks me to read what I've written: "Cuz I can't read fancy."

Right after this conversation, Alexa asked me what a bunch of jellyfish are called.  She says, "A smack" and just starts laughing.  She learned it at school and apparently thought is was pretty funny.

3/11/10- Michelle picks the kids up from pre-school and while driving home Audrie tells Carley, "Don't touch my stuff because I can't get sick."  Michelle informs her that she can't "catch" it.  Audrie immediately says, "Well I can run real fast!"

3/31/10- Audrie comes in the kitchen crying because Alexa won't play with her.  While wimpering she says, "When people have an atittude, it breaks my heart."

4/1/10- Audrie and I are eating lunch and talking/finding different shapes around the kitchen.  On the hunt for a triangle we find one in the picture of the S.L. Temple.  So we talk about the temple and how daddy and I were married there.  Audrie begins telling me that she's going to get married there too and have five kids.  First a girl named Alisa, then a boy named Jack, then twin girls ("with the same clothes and they sleep in the same bed") whose names are Sparkly and Twinkle, and finally a boy named Caton.  According to her they will not have a "second name or last".  Her husband will be named Jackson and he and one of her boys (Jack maybe?) will like airplanes. - Looks like she really knows what she wants for the future. :)

4/8/10- While getting Alexa ready for school I tell her I'm going to pick her up because we're going to one of Brandon's track meets right after. I then told her she should learn techniques from daddy on running. She tells me she already knows: "You just listen to the wind mom."

5/3/10 - Michelle and I are inside while the three kids are outside playing, when all of a sudden it goes quiet, so we look out there and they are nowhere to be found.  Michelle goes out to find them and spots them at the next door neighbors (my kids LOVE going over there) sitting on the swing licking lolipops.  We tell them to come back home and play.  So they do, but not for long.  They disappear again, then come skipping back inside eating cookies.  I asked Audrie, "Where did you get the cookies?"  She says, "From the next to the next door neighbor."  I'm like, "What?  How did you get that?" Audrie says, "We knocked on the door."  Confused, I ask her "Well what happened, what did she (the neighbor) say?" Her reply: "She said come in." - I was so embarrassed!  My daughter goes trick-or-treating even when it's not Halloween. :)

6/6/10- It seems like I am constantly clipping the kids fingernails. They grow like weeds! I'm telling Audrie how I can't believe how long hers are when Alexa chimes in and shows me hers. I said, "I think Audrie takes the cake." Audrie then says to Alexa, "I get cake and you don't."- Apparently she doesn't know the saying.

6/8/10- We're sitting down to eat dinner and we ask who wants to say the prayer.  Alexa immediately says she wants to. Then Audrie says, "Dammit I wanted to say the prayer."- I'm thinking maybe she should have.  Looks like she needs the extra blessing. :)

It is true, 4-year olds do say the funniest things.  Their little minds are just so full of wonder and curiousity, eager to know answers to every question they have.  I wish I had written down some of the stuff Alexa said.  I remember her saying funny things too, but I think Audrie definately "takes the cake"...where there is food, there will be Audrie also.

2 comments:

The Hoths said...

those made my day. So funny. My favorite by far is two bums and elephant. LOL!!!!!

Jen said...

I am cracking up at work right now, I can't get over the two butts and elephant comment. Hilarious