I seem to always be behind, which I hate to admit is the story of my life...always LATE! But better late than never I say. :) I really do try...I really do. With that said I will be posting pics from Halloween soon, hopefully before the next one. Ha-Ha! Until then, I wanted to write a quick post about my lovely children.
I love hearing and reading about funny things kids say (and do). I keep telling myself I should write it all down so I don't forget. So that is what I am going to try and do.
For example: There are some days where my girls will just get into anything and everything, like today. Every time I'd turn around it was something else; like very finely cut jelly beans and cookies on tea-party plates all over the top bunk (Rule Broken: "Food and Drink in the kitchen only"); like every single toy, book and dress-up strewn about the house (Rule Broken: "When you're done playing with something, put it away before getting out something else."); like puddles of water everywhere and wondering where it came from, only to find out that they decided to make potion with all their water-color paints (Rule Broken: "Please ask first to paint before doing it."); and like taking a book of stamps and thinking they're stickers and sticking them all over the musical chair (Rule Broken: "Do not get into my things! You have yours and I have mine.")
Then you add in some sister on sister hand slapping and kicking, yelling, crying, and dare I say...ATTITUDE; like when I told Alexa if she didn't stop the fit she was throwing I was going to call Santa and tell him not to come. Her reply (with her hands on her hips, butt sticking out a bit, head tipped to the side...you know the stance): "You don't even know his phone number!" My thought before laughing: "Oh no you di-int!"
Put it all together and what do you get?..."To hell (yes that's right) with this! Let's get out of the house and go ride the merry-go-round at the mall and have dinner with the Caton's. Much more fun...yes, much more fun.
3 comments:
HA HA HA!!! :) Love it! And I don't know...was dinner really much more fun with the kids totally out of control? :) I guess it's better to be with someone who's dealing with the same chaos, right? :) Love ya!
oh Lindy! I sure miss having you just a few doors down! Aren't kids just soooo much fun? Best of luck!
Aren't kids the best! They are the very best person to put us in our place...and pull HUGE attitude, it always drives me crazy, but usually as mad as I am, usually I am smiling on the inside, because it is SO cute!
Post a Comment